Monday, April 19, 2010

Leaving for Mexico!

Well, I'm about to embark on my trip around the world with mommy and daddy!  We leave for Mexico in the next few days.  It's been a very exciting and very emotional couple of weeks.  I've said goodbye to my friends and family and now I'm trying to get my room clean and stowed away for sea.  Well actually, mommy is doing that.  I'm watching cartoons.

Mommy says to hang in there with us, keeping up with two blogs is harder than she expected.  Evidently we won't have access to internet as much as she would like so it may be further between posts.  I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the last month.

This is at K-Surplus (a boat place daddy likes to go)... I found lots of "treasure."
Playing my new harmonica.  I hope to be really good at it by the time we get back.  Mommy says it will be part of my music lessons.

Playing on the playground near our boat on Shelter Island.

Wish us luck (and a few prayers would be appreciated).  Check out mommy's blog to the right to follow our travels!




2 comments:

capribyvespa said...

Jake,
Met you, your mom, and dad at Punta Chivato, in Baja, Mexico! We're the ones with the plane on our way down to Cabo San Lucas. Saw your beautiful catamaran anchored in the bay, then met you at Posada de las Flores. We later saw you all at Los Chibatos restaurant, and enjoyed hearing about your adventures. I am a third grade teacher in Oceanside, and I think your parents are giving you the ULTIMATE gift of your lifetime in this trip. I would LOVE to have my new class follow your blog! Educational for them for sure, and hopefully fun for you! Let me know what you think. My class & you could be pen pals via the internet! Take care, LEARN, and take lots of photos! Gary & Deb Phillips with Brett Letourneau (my son) & his girlfriend, Caitlin Kelly of Oceanside, CA

The Crew of Savannah said...

Hi Ms. Deb. I would love to be pen pals but mommy says we might not be very good at it considering we have limited access to the internet. She also says that it would be better for you to follow our family blog as she now finds updating two blogs to be extremely difficult. We really enjoyed meeting you and am glad you got home safe. Make sure your class gets a good look at the whale sharks we swam with last week! Talk to you soon.

Jake