Friday, March 26, 2010

School's out!

Apologies to everyone for my delayed posting.  Mommy has been busy trying to keep our sailing blog up to date and she's been hogging the computer.

Well, I'm an official drop out!  My last day was really fun and a little bit sad.  My class and teachers made me a really cool collage with pictures of everyone and they all signed a card for me and wrote some really nice things.  I'm going to miss my friends and teachers.  Hopefully they'll be following our sailing blog and maybe even send me an email now and then.  In the meantime, mommy has been ensuring that I'm still learning.  We haven't officially started the curriculum she bought yet, but we've been doing math, reading and other fun things since I've been home.  I'm making a lot of progress on my phonics and my speech.  I made the "l" sound the other day clear as a bell.  Mommy says the key is to keep practicing.

We also took a trip to GA to visit my cousins and lots of friends.  I LOVE playing with Carter and Caitie.  Mommy says I'm a good mix of both of them.  Here are lots of pictures.  Caitie and I were silly together pretty much the whole time.  Carter taught me how to play the wii (mommy says thanks).
We drove all over the place to see some of mommy's friends and say bye.  I got to play with Riley, Olivia, Emily, Ali, and Tyler and had my first two sleepovers!

 




We only have a few more weeks before we leave on our sailboat.  There are lots of things to do to prepare to sail around the world.  Mommy talks about these on the other blog but I thought I would give my perspective on one thing in particular...shots.  You have to get LOTS of shots to travel around the world.  I started to get mine yesterday.  I tried to be a big boy, but when they pulled out those needles I forgot all about being brave.  I'll admit it...I screamed like a baby.  They even had to have someone hold me down because mommy wasn't strong enough.  When it was all over, mommy got me ice cream (she got some too since she had shots as well).  I thought all was good as I was laying on the sofa watching cartoons.  I got up to do something and OUCH!!!  My legs didn't work.  Mommy said one of the shots I got does that.  It's tomorrow already and they're still hurting!   By the time I can walk right again, it will be time to go back.  I am not looking forward to that.

We're getting ready for a going away party so I have to go help mommy clean.  I'll try to post again before we leave.

No comments: