Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 9, 2011 - Journal Entry #2 - Marquesas

I finally got Jake to write about the Marquesas and what his favorite things to do were.  In completing this story, we started talking about the questions you ask yourself when you're reading or writing a story:  who, what, when, where, why and how.  It proved to be a lot to think about, but I think his story turned out just fine.  Judge for yourself.

My Favorite Things in the Marquesas, by Jake McKaskle

Short cut in Hiva Oa
I like everything about the short cut we found to get to the boat. I like going down and climbing dow
Swimming
I like playing in the water and looking at fishies. I didn't get to go swimming with the dolphins but I did get in the water. I was too late. They were fast.
Hiking
When we went hiking, I liked the same thing about the short cut. I loved swimming in the waterfall and I like splashing around. We pretended we were bronta scorpians.

The End.
 
Here are the answers to his 6 questions...
 
who: daddy and mommy and jake
what: swimming, hiking, short cut, I fell down. I liked climbing and I liked swimming and snorkeling. I liked diving.
when: afternoon
where: Tahanea, Marquesas
why: because I like to and wanted to
how: I just jumped off the boat and sometimes climbed down. I just swimmed!

3 comments:

Diane & Tony (Sceptre) said...

Good job Jake

Diane & Tony (Sceptre) said...

It is always great to hear about your adventures keep it up.
Tony and Diane, Chula Vista

Papa Mac said...

Jake, I bet your dad realy liked the letter you gave him. I liked you story about the marquesas. Love papa mac