Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hi everyone. I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Mommy and daddy decided not to travel anywhere this year so we had Thanksgiving at our house. Two of daddy's friends from work came over and one of our family friends, Glenda, came too. Daddy made a Honey Brine Smoked Turkey on The Big Green Egg and he made Chipotle Sweet Potatoes. Mommy made Oyster Dressing and Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and pine nuts. Then for desert we had Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake. Very Tasty!!! Mommy forgot to take pictures until after we were done eating so you'll have to take my word for it that everything was very nice.

So mommy got a new camera and has started taking more pictures again. Her old camera died so she gave it to me to play with. Here is my first shoot behind the lense....


Here are some pictures of me playing in the yard...



Daddy went hunting after Thanksgiving and he brought home a deer!! I think we're having venison tonight...I've never had it but mommy and daddy both say it's very good.

While daddy was gone, we had a great time. Mommy had the firetrucks come to our house to see me! They put their sirens on and everything! We could hear them before they even got to our neighborhood! Mommy says she called them because the house filled up with smoke since mommy started a fire in the fireplace and didn't realize that daddy had closed the flue (did I spell that right?). But I know she just doesn't want me to think I'm spoiled. I know they really came to see me. I have such a great mommy to go through so much trouble just so I can sit in a firetruck and see real firemen. The only bad part was that the batteries were dead in mommy's camera so I have no proof. I guess we'll just have to have them over again some day...they were really nice.

Here's some pictures of me getting dressed up for dinner and to go see Christmas Lights. I was supposed to see Santa but the line was really long and I was really hungry. So mommy said we could see Santa another day.

Mommy gave me an early Christmas present and bought me Choo Choo Jammies! Here I am making scrambled eggs in my new PJs.

Not too much else going on....I'm still doing really good on the potty. Going #1 and #2. I just haven't quite mastered telling mommy and daddy EVERY TIME I need to go. I still rely mostly on mommy to tell me when I need to go. But mommy says it's early yet and that I'm doing a really good job.

I hope everyone has a good week! Stay tuned for pictures from decorating our tree!

No comments: