Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring Vacation






I hope everyone has some time...mommy has WAY TOO many pictures to show this time and this isn't even all of them...just the ones from daddy's camera. There should be another post soon with a few more pictures from mommy's camera.

Daddy took me for my check up the other day and I weighed 29lbs and found out I was 34 inches tall. I'm growing pretty big!



Mommy and daddy went on a vacation to the Bahamas for a scuba diving cruise (see the big shark!!!) and my Papa Mac flew from Oklahoma to come take care of me. Boy, did we have fun. We played in the yard, took walks around the block and met with the neighbors. I ate all kinds of new things (ice cream with cherries! yummm). I even learned to act a little like papa...I make noises when I go down the stairs now and I like to rub the top of my head :). Papa really helped me advance in lots of areas too...I am much better at going up and down the stairs now. I can climb down from high places by turning around, which I never really mastered before. And I make new sounds now...I'm really working on the "k." And of course, we had endless conversations while mommy and daddy were gone.
By the way, they have tons of great pictures...have I told you that my daddy is an underwater photographer? You wouldn't believe some of the things they saw...they should start their own blog!

But in the end, I was glad they came home...and so was Papa. Grandma came a few days before mommy and daddy came home and we colored Easter eggs together. On Easter mommy and daddy were home and hid eggs for me. Grandma gave me a really cool Easter basket to put all of my eggs in.... well, I'm talking too much. Take a look a the pictures and see for yourself...




They hid some of these eggs pretty good...but I got the hang of it really quick. Eventually, I discovered it was more fun to throw the eggs than find them.


So you thought I was done, huh? Nope...we have a friend who is the elephant trainer at the Norfolk Zoo. He offered to take me to feed the giraffes. Mommy had to work (she was really bummed...giraffes are her favorite), but daddy, Papa, and Grandma got to go with me. I wasn't really up for the challenge though...I would rather watch Papa and Grandma feed them. What would you do if you saw that big tongue coming at you and you were less than 3 feet tall? Think about it...


No comments: